I may be mature enough to live and study on my own in a foreign country, but I'll be damned if I ever get too mature for the magical world of Disney. My dad was actually the one to suggest Eurodisney to me as he wanted me to continue my North American tour (McDonalds, Starbucks) of Europe a couple months back. I had been waiting for the opportune moment. When Peter told me he was coming to Paris, I knew I had to take advantage of Peter's Finding Nemo fascination and tell him that the Louvre was overrated, Notre Dame was cracking and crumbling, Sacre Coeur wasn't all that great, but Eurodisney, oh Eurodisney, was the place to see and be seen!
The day of Eurodisney, I woke up at 630 even though the alarm was set up for 730 because I was just so fricken excited. It was like the feeling of Christmas I'll tell ya. Peter and I caught the RER train at 840 and we arrived at Eurodisney around 930. We almost got ripped off on the entry tickets because Susa failed to understand the tarif d'etudiante part of my request however we realized her mistake and went back to get our student tickets for both Eurodisney and Walt Disney Studios. Hopefully the management dealt with Susa accordingly.
We entered through the magical gates of the magical train station, arriving at Main St. Eurodisney. Our first mission was to locate Mickey Mouse ear hats as it was imperative that we rock the proper accessories whilst touring the park. The store had never heard of the traditional Mickey Mouse Hats on which you can get your name embroidered but they did have his and her Mickey and Minnie Mouse ear headbands. Fortunately, the headbands were in our price point and we bought them with fervent excitement, knowing we were going to be the coolest kids in the park that day.
The first ride we went on was Space Mountain in Tomorrow Land. What a thrill! It was pretty much like Space Mountain in Disneyland. Thank god we went there first as the line was getting longer by the minute and if we had gone there in the afternoon, we would have been subject to a two hour wait. Side note - it was a hot day AND a Sunday AND a holiday weekend so the park was packed. Mostly with families with little children which wouldn't have been a problem because we stuck to the "Big Kid" rides that required a height limit except the French seemed to like to try and sneak their two year olds on roller coasters until the attendant at the front of the line with the metre stick puts a halt to their weasling ways. The height limit is for safety reasons people!
After Space Mountain, we took the party to Big Thunder Mountain in Frontier Land. This was the most brutal line of the day because the snaking of the line went on forever and because we were behind an Eastern European couple who could not keep their hands off of each other. One hour line PDA is downright awful. I wanted to flick water at them shouting "No! No!". After Big Thunder, we required sustenance; unfortunately this happened at the same time as half of the visitors to Disneyland were hungry so every food place had a huge line. However, we found a place in Adventureland that had no line so we were like "sick life". Unfortunately, the only food they served was two pepperoni sticks in a bun topped with fries. I picked off the fries from the top but could only manage about half of the pepperoni-stick-dog because I realized finishing it would not be conducive to post-lunch roller coasting riding.
After "lunch" we went on Pirates of the Caribbean then we headed to Indiana Jones which was the biggest disappointment of life. We waited in a 50 minute line to go on a ride where there was no jeeps to ride in and no boulder; essentially the euro version of Indiana is a 30 second roller coaster, albeit thrilling, did not have the same elements as the Disneyland one and needless to say we were quite disappointed. We planned on yelling at Susa later.
After Indiana we wandered through Fantasyland, reminiscing about childhood experiences on Dumbo, Alice and Wonderland, It's a Small World After All, and the Teacups. We got a palatable lunch this time and took advantage of the Disney offer of a free drink from 3-7 that came with the purchase of our headbands. We watched the daily Main street parade and then wandered over to Walt Disney Studios (the euro version of California Adventure). By that time, it was 4 pm and we were running low on strength so we only did two rides - albeit great rides - at Walt Disney Studios. Tower of Terror is pretty much my favourite ride ever so we endured a 50 minute line to go on it. Fortunately, we got on the ride just before one of the elevators broke which would make the wait time even longer.
Post Tower of Terror, we headed to the Rock n Roller Coaster (thanks to a suggestion from Rauvynne) which is essentially like Space Mountain except you get to listen to Aerosmith as you go upside down. After that, Peter and I realized it was time to bid adieu to the magical euro kingdom, remove our headbands, and return home. I've been disenchanted with Paris ever since.

Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire