French Habit that I support: Champagne Happy Hours
This past Thursday, I went to Regine Night Club, a club on a side street off of the Champs d'Elysées, where from 7 pm to 9 pm, they have champagne happy hour. For 15 euros, you get seven glasses of champagne. Judging from the crowd, it's where the Parisian young, vibrant, and working set heads post-work to let go. And boy do they ever let go. People were raging at 8 pm, ordering bottle service, dancing on tables, whipping off their suits and ties (maybe). Also at one point they played the French version of Under the Sea which was pretty awesome. In conclusion, champagne happy hours = two thumbs way up (just remember to eat dinner first).

North American Habit that I haven't been able to quit: Starbucks
France has taught me to appreciate espresso and the art of lounging at cafes. However some days, I do not have the time to lounge at a cafe. And some days, especially during my 8 am class days, I want to nurse a huge cup of coffee. Ever since my coffee machine broke a couple months ago (impossible) my Starbucks consumption has increased exponentially. It's slightly embarrassing (and expensive - Starbucks has the same absolute price in France as Canada) however there are times when a tiny cup of coffee will simply not cut it. So judge all you want, Parisians, I'm going to have my grande soy extra hot vanilla latte with an added shot of espresso and caramel drizzled on top and I'm going to enjoy it.

Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire