dimanche 24 janvier 2010

Je suis arrivee!

Bonjour tout le monde et bienvenue a mon blog de Paris!

I am somewhat a noob at blogging so this shall be interesting. I arrived in Paris on January 21, 2010 with my weight's worth in luggage in tow. My flights from Montreal to London then London to Paris went quite smoothly and I discovered that British Airways is a far superior airline (free movies! free wine!) to WestJet and I am hoping they open up routes between Montreal and Vancouver in the near future.
Luckily my roommate, Quade, had arrived a week before me and was able to sign a lease for an apartment so I went straight there from the airport. Our apartment is in an insane location: it's right in the heart of the 5th arrondissement surrounded by cafes, bars, and shops. The apartment is kitty corner from La Sorbonne and a five minute walk to Notre Dame, La Seine, et La Pantheon. Zara and H&M are both 10 minutes away which is both a plus and minus. I have yet to go to Sciences Po but I hear the walk is about 10 to 15 minutes.
The apartment itself is pretty great (pictures to follow soon!). It's not huge but it's cozy and newly decorated. In fact both my bedroom here and the bathroom are bigger than those in my Montreal apartment (although if you've seen the Montreal bathroom, you know that a smartcar is bigger than it). I have discovered that my enemy number one is the lock on my front door. It decides to cooperate with me about 10% of the time. One particularly frustrating incident happened last night when I was wrestling with the door for 10 minutes and gave up to eat a bag of Doritos in my hallway. One day I will learn.
I have not done too much touristy nor productive stuff since I arrived. The first night I went out to a Sciences Po party that was ending the Welcome Program (unfortunately I missed the program as I booked my non-refundable non-exchangeable flight here in July and information about the program came out in December). I met a bunch of exchange students, it seems like there's a ton of Americans here. The past two nights I have gone out with Quade and exchange students he met during the welcome program. The days I have spent organizing and buying some extra things for my room as well as overcoming jetlag, which has apparently been a huge problem for me as I've slept in to 3 pm two out of the three days here.
So far, France has been quite thinspiring. Obesity does not really exist and grocery stores are hard to come by. I still have yet to buy groceries although I have been to a number of bars and Zara twice. Obviously my priorities are in order.

Well that's it for now! Woo first post!

C'est pour la petite bourgeoisie qui boit du champagne,
C'est pour tous les quotas Francais que j'parle plus anglais

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire