
true Sciences Po student now and proud of it
things that are deceiving: pharmacies
pharmacies are conveniently everywhere and conveniently expensive. not the optimal place to buy all your hygiene essentials as I unfortunately learned the hard way. The pharmacists tries to sell you 77 euro shampoo and then you buy toothpaste that is neither minty nor fresh and is rather a pink paste that makes you almost vom when you've had slightly too much rosé.
things that are convenient: free standing public bathrooms on sidewalks
things that make me proud: looking like a parisian
some woman stopped me and asked me for directions but unfortunately my mouth was full of baguette at the time so I couldn't really say much. However I didn't even know where I was at the time let alone where the street she asked for was located.
things that I am speaking a lot of: French
It's only been 4 days but I have spoken French the majority of the time when I've been out and about. It's a lot easier to understand people here as they speak real French et pas kaybeckquoisssss. Seriously, the change in accent makes a ton of difference.
things that make Sciences Po better than McGill: extra week of break
so apparently Sciences Po admin think students need an extra week of winter break slash do not have it together but whatever the reason is, I don't have class this week! BA OUI!
things that I have accomplished today: acquiring my student card and cell phone plan
My prepaid cell phone plan courtesy of Orange does not allow for international texts but I think incoming calls are free so whoever wants to take one for the team: +33 06 38 75 63 55. Also my unlocked cell phone is embarrassingly pink and sparkly and the default language is Russian.
things that I have still yet to find: fat people, grocery stores.
things that I am eating for dinner: bowl of frosted flakes
I had a big delicious lunch and afternoon snack full of CARBS but the real reason is that I can't leave my apartment to find real food for fear of getting locked out again.
Also 10 points to the first person who can name the face I'm rocking in my student id picture. It was not planned I swear.

le steel bleu?
RépondreSupprimer