We also had the chance to see the auditorium where the actual operas are held. The ceiling had a huge beautiful chandelier - apparently it weighs 8 tonnes - and the ceiling is painted not in the traditional way a la Sistine Chapel, Orpheum theatre, etc. but as if a very talented child took some primary colours and painted the ceiling. Very whimsical and cool. I feel like you have to see it to know what I'm talking about. I really should post pictures soon.
The Ballet Russes also performed at the Opera house at the beginning of the 20th century and there was a small exhibit on the company. I would love to see a ballet or opera there; my friends and I want to find cheap tickets then dress up all fancy like and pretend like we're very important and very classy and not students who pay 7 euros for 3 litres of boxed wine and eat doritos in hallways.
I also went to the Louvre yesterday but only managed to get through one exhibit of ancient artifacts from the Middle East. Thank god the Louvre is free for EU students because there is no way I could see everything in one go.
Great accomplishment for me: opening a bank account while speaking entirely in French. I thought I was doing pretty well until the banker tried to sell me home insurance. Regardless, I have a bank account now which lead me to getting.....
A BLACKBERRY! I decided that the pink sparkly phone was TOO ahead of its time and also pay-as-you-go is the largest rip off. By signing a contract (that I can get out of without paying as I am an exchange student) I was able to get the BB for 1 euro, which makes it even cheaper than the stick of gum I bought yesterday. Best thing ever is that I can do international beebs so find my pin on facebook and add me!


Once you go black, you never go back.
Lastly, as she deserves the recognition, I would like to give a big shout out to Ms. Kara Margaret McKnight for being my most dedicated Skyper. Congrats Kara! Let's roll a montage of some of your greatest accomplishments. Cue Celine Dion's "Taking Chances"...



Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire