mardi 9 février 2010

Designer Duds: one step further towards becoming a true Parisian.

Ugh so today I braved glacial conditions and solo-trekked it to the Musee de l'orangerie to see Monet's Water lilies. After walking around the entire building with wind and snow whipping in my face, I arrived at the entrance to find a sign that read, "Ouvert tous les jours sauf le mardi". I was pretty pissed as not only had I paid 3.20 euros for the metro there and back, but also I had risked losing limbs to frostbite (yes, I'm well aware that Montreal is actually the Arctic right now but for dramatic purposes, it's pretty darn cold in Paris too). I guess that's just how life goes; some days it lets you appreciate beautiful art and other days life just wants you to stay indoors and drink tea.

So to return to my point of my previous blog post, it is A-OK to indulge in clothes when you find amazing vintage. On Sunday I went to the Bastille to a vintage store called Come On Eileen (Rue des Taillandiers, 11e arrondissement) and it was the most amazing store I've ever been to. There were Dior purses, Charles Jourdan shoes, Yves Saint Laurent jackets, Christian Lacroix suits, Hermes scarves, Burberry trenchcoats (sadly all men's though) and just racks and racks of beautiful clothes spread over three floors. The prices were not low but they were reasonable considering the clothes. I probably spent 2 hours in there browsing and trying on clothes. I ended up getting a Givenchy jacket, beautiful suede and leather shorts, a Celine silk blouse, and the most gorgeous Dior shirt (pics are below). I am a huge believer in retail therapy and when it's designer vintage retail therapy it's pretty much the greatest feeling ever as you searched hard for clothes you know no one else will have.







A million times better than Prozac

I also found an amazing Morrocon patisserie in the 5e on Rue Linne called La Bague de Kenza. I had a mhadjeb du fromage (it's like a panini with very thin pieces of naan-like bread with cheese in between), une fraise de pate d'amande (marzipan), and baklava but there was also delicious looking pastries with nuts and honey and more.

I am very excited as I'm going to Barcelona tomorrow night until Sunday to visit Monsieur Novack. I'm sure the weekend will be filled with lots of sightseeing and early nights and no drinking of any kind.

I will leave you all with this comment from my mother about my Paris facebook album: "Just looked at the photos, beautiful! Heartened to see there are more sightseeing pics than party ones". I'm making my mom proud, one facebook album at a time.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire