
Now here's a true icon.
I can't really complain about my return to classes as if I were back at McGill, I would be writing midterms right now. Between returning to Montreal and returning to the ER, I had a pretty good winter vacation that was slightly verging on feeling like a summer vacation. Also, if you hadn't guessed already from the title of this entry, I planned my schedule quite well. My sole class on Tuesday is International Economic Negotiations, which seems pretty interesting. I have three classes on Wednesday; Terror and Terrorism and International Macroeconomics are great and alright, respectively. And then I got to Population Dynamics and oh lordy did my enthusiasm about going back to school died right then and there. You know when noobs are giving a powerpoint presentation and read everything off of the slide but you're like "You don't need to do that...because I can read. It's how I got into university. Please do not reiterate your irrelevant statistics". Well that noob is my prof for this class. For those IB folks, she's the female version of Jan Jorgensan. And yes, I did consider playing the impossible quiz right then and there. But I do really like my other profs. One thing I like about Sciences Po is that they seem to hire competent profs aka profs that have real world experience that they can incorporate into lessons. For example, my negotiations prof worked for a number of years battling the lobbyists for tariffs in Washington and my terrorism prof recently gave a presentation to UNESCO. Also my friend's prof is the French minister of defense. I guess teaching is his casual side job.
Today between classes I went to le Marais which is incidentally both the gay and jewish district in Paris. I had a delicious but messy falafel then went vintage shopping. I found an amazing vintage store - not as good as Little Miss Vintage in Van but up there - where they were selling silk scarfs for 1 euro and purses for 5 euros. I also got this amazing beaded skirt for 10 euros. I will definitely have to return. I also booked my plane ticket to Barcelona and leave in one weeks time for inevitable rage times with Novack. I am very excited.
Also for all you cynics aka the 53% of you who voted I'd spend all my money by February 1, it is February 3 and my bank account is still in the black! However les soldes are still going on so we'll see how long my last 36 euros endure (only kidding, parents).
Well mega video should now let me watch the rest of Lost so I bid you all adieu. Peace and love.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire