samedi 6 février 2010

Indulgences or How I Will Spend All My Money by March 1, 2010

Paris is a city known for its food and fashion and I would be lying if I said that fact didn't have anything to do with my decision to do an exchange here. Treats and clothing are my two biggest indulgences so being in Paris bodes well for my closet and my stomach but not my bank account. Take for example the other day when Quade, my roommate, and I went out for lunch. I had the best french onion soup and the lightest, most fluffiest cheese cake. But our total came out to 63 euros. Granted, we were close to the Louvre where all cafes are pricey and we didn't want to resort to yet another baguette sandwich for lunch. Also, my limonade and Quade's coke were 6.50 euros (didn't know the price at the time of ordering...blast) so that definitely affected the total amount. But still...I am a student. I cannot afford to live like a baller. I must remember that indulgences should be limited; for clothing that means I indulge during les soldes and for food, I indulge like every couple of weeks slash choose restaurants that don't have plush red velvet chairs. That just screams expeasy.

These bad boys were only 1 euro.

Sadly, these were not.

Anyway I had a greater point to all of this when I started writing this post however I have completely forgotten it now.
This week, I met my Parisian friend Victor at our bar where he was out celebrating the end of exams with his classmates. I met a bunch of his friends; most spoke little to no English so I had a lot of chances to speak French. His girl friends proclaimed my attempts at speaking French "cute" and then asked me which guys there did I think were "cute". I don't know if they were just trying to start a conversation or if that's something they always ask each other. Regardless, we all had a mutual agreement on the cute factor of the boys there. I guess it's because good looks transcend borders and cultures.
The other night, after coming home from a Sciences Po party, I apparently thought I was like Carrie Bradshow and in my post-club state, thought it was a good idea to buy the last episode of Sex on the City on itunes. Unfortunately, I passed out before the episode was finished downloading however I did manage to finish my grilled cheese. Win.
Over the course of this blog post, I devoured the entire box of the chocoframboise cookies. I am ashamed. Bonne nuit tout le monde.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire